People considering welcoming a new furry friend into their lives can find their perfect companion in the Sheepadoodle dogs. These crossbreed dogs are a mix between the Old English Sheepdog and Poodle dog.
These dogs have acquired the best of their parents’ characteristics and tend to be smart, playful and, affectionate. Sheepadoodles are also referred to at several places as Sheep-a-poo, Sheeppoo, Sheepdoodle, and Sheepdogpoo.
Their life expectancy ranges from 12-15 years in, and they develop between 16-22 inches in height in these years. These designer dogs tend to be hypo-allergic, but that’s not a sure case as they might inherit their traits from just one parent.
To learn more about this mixed species and gain a deeper insight into how they are as pets in terms of physicality and temperament, keep reading.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, you should read our Sheepadoodle Puppy Checklist to ensure that you’ve properly prepared your home for bringing home a wonderful Sheepadoodle puppy!
Best Sheepadoodle Breeders On The West
The largely spread US has several enchanting states situated on its west coasts, such as Arizona, California and, LA. West Coast is the land of terrains encircling beaches, forests, mountain ranges and, various farmlands.
The appealing climate and enchanting scenery make it a perfect location for pets and pet lovers. Thus, people inclined to get Sheepadoodle Puppies on the West Coast should think about purchasing them from responsible breeders.
Trustworthy and renowned breeders have specific details of the health and behavioral history of the pet parents. Thus, buying a pet from a trusted breeder might be the best alternative for selecting your perfect Sheepadoodle.
1. Tri-county Standards, Ohio
Residing in rural Adams county Ohio, Carrie Baucom is the breeder behind the Tri-county Standards located in Seaman. Established by a retired couple 20 years ago, this 30-acre land homes several gorgeous standard poodles. They have turned this farm into their passion project of breeding healthy and affectionate dogs.
The dogs are not kenneled; they are allowed to revel in running, digging, swimming, and other general fun activities. They are raised since birth applying puppy culture methods. The price quoted is $1,500 – $1,800 (including a non-refundable $200 deposit), with an estimated waiting time of 3 months.
The puppies sheltered here come with a one-year health guarantee and receive 6-week vet checks and all the necessary vaccinations. They are raised in a healthy environment where they are handled daily and provided all the required exercise and diets.
The dogs are taken for walks both individually and in groups, so they don’t suffer from separation anxiety. The breeders claim to implement the following enrichment methods: Socialized with Children, adult Dogs, and Cats, Sound Stimulation, Household Desensitization.
Tri-Country Standards Details
- Contact- 937-684-6406, email@example.com
- Location- Seaman, Ohio, United States
- Website- https://tricountystandards.com/
2. IE Family Doodles, California
Anita Gonzalez, the breeder managing IE Family Doodles, is a dedicated dog lover who works for her passion. The setup was founded to spread joy by breeding healthy dogs and sending them off to loving households.
The feature that separates this place from others is that dogs here are bred, focusing on temperament and health. They begin temperament testing at day 52 and potty training at seven weeks of age. They utilize several enrichment methods, including Noises, Various Surfaces, Puppy Culture, Touch Desensitization, Early Neurological Stimulation, Household Desensitization, Socialized with Elderly, Adult Dogs, and with Children.
The price advertised suggests that the dogs cost between $3500 – $4000 ($500 non-refundable deposit), and the estimated wait time is about three months. While departing for their new homes with owners, dogs are given their littermates’ toys to retain their scent.
IIE Family Doodles Details
- Contact- NA
- Location- Menifee, California
- Website- NA
3. Doodle’s Doodle’s Doodle’s, Arizona
Cited in Phoenix, Arizona, Jeremy Reader is the man behind managing Doodle’s Doodle’s Doodle’s. These dogs have the distinct quality of shedding little to no fur, unlike a regular dog which makes them impressive housemates.
The mentioned price for Bi-Color Sheepadoodles from this location is $3500 ($500 non-refundable deposit) and a waiting time of 3 months. The puppies come with a 2-year health guarantee and are replaced free of cost if any life-threatening disease is diagnosed.
The puppies are raised in an environment surrounding kids and family, which makes them adaptable. They put into practice enrichment methods such as Puppy pads and are socialized with children. Jeremy understands and respects the responsibility they hold as breeders and claims the love they put in their program to be their biggest strength.
Doodle’s Doodle’s Doodle’s Details
- Contact- +1 602-299-2397, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location- Phoenix, Arizona
- Website- https://www.doodlesdoodlesdoodles.com/
4. Country Sheepadoodles, North California
This small setup located in Nothern, California, is owned by Mike and Natalie Lee, who are helped by their children. They are known for breeding limited F1 Sheepadoodles every year with the help of two female poodle parents.
They have created kennels for the dogs to reside in and offer both indoor and outdoor settings to the dogs to keep them adaptive. They believe in forming a community of dog lovers and appreciate interactions with new dog parents.
They have heat conditioning installed for the colder months and surveillance cameras to look out for the dogs. Puppies are listed at $2,000 for solid color and $2500 for multi-color. The selected puppies go home with a health packet, the best Sheepadoodle food, blanket, and collar.
The partners are extremely proud of the nurturing and loving establishment they have founded and carry out a rigorous screening on the buyers. They ensure that the puppies find caring homes that know how to provide adequate attention to them.
Country Sheepadoodles Details
- Contact- 5307014608, email@example.com
- Location- Nothern California
- Website https://www.countrysheepadoodles.com
5. Sunflower Family farm, California
This unique indoor-based living center is owned by Alesha Turner, a committed breeder, certified with Bachelors’ Agricultural Sciences. She began this program due to her inclination towards the outdoors and love for animals.
Dogs here are raised to be flexible and comfortable in indoor settings, making it easier to adapt to household lifestyle. All the dogs here are looked after with utmost care and undivided attention to diet and exercise.
The dogs are genetically health tested and cleared for over 250+ diseases and come with a one-year health guarantee. Many of her dogs are service, therapy, or PTSD-trained dogs. The price for their Sheepadoodles is $3,500, with a waiting time of three months.
They believe in starting the puppies on the litter box training methods and utilizing enrichment methods, such as Potty Training, Name Recognition, and Basic Manners.
Sunflower Family Farms Details
- Contact- NA, Apply through the form available on the website
- Location- Redding, CA
- Website- https://www.sunflowerfamilyfarms.com/
6. Wild West Sheepadoodles, Arizona
Alex, who has a long association with dealing in livestock, owns the Wild West Sheepadoodles. He manages it with the help of his two legally adopted nephews on this land in Arizona and has been specializing in Sheepadoodles for about three years.
His prime goal is to raise healthy puppies and find affectionate homes for them. They stand for raising dogs inside their homes and implement Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) on the third day, handling them frequently. They spend the initial few weeks in a whelping box intended to assist in potty training and are introduced to soft foods around the 4th week.
Wild West Sheepadoodles Details
- Contact- 915.227.4947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location- Phoenix, Arizona
- Website- https://www.wildwestsheepadoodles.com/
Why Get Sheepadoodle Puppies On The West Coast?
There are endless reasons to include this canine companion in your life. Yet to get a better outlook on Sheepadoodles and their characteristic features read along.
- Perfect for allergy-prone people: Sheepadoodles tend to be hypo-allergic and shed almost not at all, making them a perfect partner for allergy sufferers.
- Non-problematic: Sheepadoodles are thoroughly well-natured dogs and rarely ever drool or bark. These advantages qualify them as family-friendly and trouble-free. Having strong bladders eases the task of potty-training.
- Even temperament: Sheepadoodles owe their impressive, even temperament to their loyal crossbreed parents, who are people-pleasers and great companions. They have consistently shown a calm and even temperament around kids, which makes them safe house pets.
- Appearance: Sheepadoodles have striking appearances with their soft and furry coats that are usually monochrome. They can occasionally be all white and all black, while some have patches of opposite colors on both eyes, making them look like pandas.
- Personality: Dog admirers have frequently described the nature of Sheepadoodles as loving and vivacious. They are famous for their distinctive sense of adaptability and sensitivity towards human emotions. They make fine companions to loners and idyllic family dogs, owing to their people-pleasing traits.
- Training: Training these sharp and obedient dogs is easier as compared to other breeds, especially when begun early.
- Exercise: Daily walks and games of fetch are sufficient to fulfill the exercising needs of this breed. Sheepadoodles are likely to gain weight easily; hence, taking them to walk is ideal for both the owner and the pet’s physical and mental well-being.
- Grooming: Grooming for Sheepadoodles is not an extensive and high maintenance task. You just need to brush their coats 2-3 times every week to keep them from tangling. Their coats require clipping every 8 to 12 weeks to keep them manageable.
From the above overview, it is fair to deduce that Sheepadoodles are delightful and hassle-free dogs with the potential to be great pets. These factors influence the buyers and are impressive enough to induce some interest in the readers regarding buying Sheepadoodle Puppies on the West Coast.
Through this informative piece, we hope to have established that Sheepadoodles are an incredible choice as pets. Interested people should consider this intelligent and affectionate breed while choosing their furry companion.
Sheepadoodle puppies On the West Coast should be purchased from a trusted breeder rather than a store. This assures the owner of the health history and the breeding process of their pet.
Since the readers are well informed about the 6 Best Sheepadoodle Breeders on the West Coast, they can make a responsible choice after evaluating their priorities and opt for their preferred breeder. With this article, we hope to have accomplished the aim of acquainting the reader well with the Sheepadoodle breed and suggesting some premium breeders.
Some of My Favorite Products For Dog Owners
I hope this article has helped you just a bit in everyday life as a dog owner. Being a dog owner for more than 25 years myself, I’ve tried an abundance of different products with varying success, but these products below are some that I can highly recommend to every dog and their owner without hesitation!
These links are affiliate links, so if you do end up using the links, I will earn a commission. But it’s products that I use daily myself, and I have nothing but praise for.
Dog Food: Every dog needs to eat correctly, and finding the best food for your dog can be hard, as the market is absolutely flooded with products. But since 2015 when the company was founded, I’ve been using Ollie Petfood. With their product being tailor-made to suit every dog’s specific needs, and as my dogs absolutely love the product, I’m pretty sure I’ve found a product I will continue to use for many years more. If you use my link you can get 50% off your first order.
Dog Training: If you’ve ever owned a puppy, you know that they require a lot of training to grow into a well-behaved adult. Brain Training for Dogs has helped me immensely with the mental training part of raising a dog, and it’s something I strongly recommend you consider.
Grooming: If you have a dog in your home, you’re going to need a brush, and for this, I recommend a Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush. For that price, you simply can’t beat this brush for everyday grooming.
If you’re looking for the most up-to-date recommendations, check out my recommended products section that I’ve created to help every dog owner!