“What are the best Labradoodle training books?”. This is the first question most people ask when they adopt a new Labradoodle puppy, especially if it’s their first dog, and if you’re reading this, you’re most likely one of them.
While most people do not look at books nowadays for information, books are actually not that bad. Although one can find videos on the Internet for videos on how to train your dog, these videos, most times only teach one particular skill or how to fix one bad behavior.
For those of you that want to train your puppy the right way, you should find a program and stick to it. This program should thoroughly teach you how to train your dog using simple steps.
While viewing multiple videos, you might lose track of some important tips. If these tips are not followed, they can seriously affect the training process and can hinder your progress.
Below we have listed a couple of books that can really help you in your Labradoodle training. These books have helped countless people and they can as well, help you if you follow them. Just select the one that you feel fits your goals.
Quick Summary on Best Labradoodle Training Book
- 🏆 Best Overall: Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide
- Best for House Training: How to House Train Any Puppy
- Best for Puppies: The Art of Raising a Puppy
- Best for Correcting Behavior: The Dog Owner’s Secret Handbook
- Best for Kids: Puppy Training for Kids
- Best for Dog Tricks: 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities
- Honorable Mention: Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding & Correcting Common Dog Problems
- Honorable Mention: How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days
- Honorable Mention: Training the Best Dog Ever
🏆 Best Overall: Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide
Zak George is well known for his appearances on the Animal Plant and for his YouTube channel. Zak is a famous dog trainer who has put some of his knowledge and experience in a book on how to train Labradoodles. This guide provides you with a new perspective on training puppies. It has 240 pages filled with the basics of puppy training, ranging from potty training to aggression to leash-pulling.
This guide not only teaches how to train a dog, but it also shows you how to own one. You will learn when it’s time to take your puppy to the vet, and how to choose the right foods for its needs. This manual written by Zak George will show you how to train your dog in a humane and friendly way you’ll also see advice on how to talk to your dog and figure out what it wants.
This book is more of a ‘how-to’ book than a technical training manual, as it covers every area that you need to know in dig training. All those who have used this book, speak on its unique ability to help you ‘speak’ to dogs.
- The author is a renowned dog trainer
- One of the best books on the subject
- Covers every area and topic you need on dog training
- Teaches how to decode your dog
- Not everything here might work for you or your dog
Best for House Training: How to House Train Any Dog
This book is solely focused on house training a puppy and nothing else. But house training is also one of the most important things you’ll have to do when bringing home a new furry friend, and this book delivers on its promise, which is why they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the results.
While it’s only available as an e-book, the pros far outweigh the cons with this book in my opinion, as having a perfectly house-trained dog already within a full week, is absolutely fantastic.
- Most efficient book when it comes to house training a puppy
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Less than 7 days to a fully house-trained dog
- Only available as an e-book
Best for Correcting Behavior: The Dog Owner’s Secret Handbook
I hadn’t heard about this book until a few months ago, but I wish I had earlier, as this book contains quite a lot of excellent golden nuggets when it comes to behavior training in dogs.
There are several efficient methods for you to apply if you want to stop your dog from any unwanted barking, digging and so on. It also has quite an extensive section about several natural remedies you can use to help if your dog is in pain and even a guide on how to do doggy CPR without potentially harming the dog!
- Great for stopping unwanted behavior such as digging, barking and jumping on people
- Has guides for pain relief for dogs
- Several neat tricks I hadn’t seen mentioned anywhere else
- Only available as an e-book
Best for Puppies: The Art of Raising a Puppy
As you might have already realized, getting a puppy is an amazing experience filled with its ups and downs. The Monks of New Skete are a couple of monks who love dogs and they are the authors of this great book.
The Art of Raising a Puppy is a 352-page book that is filled with amazing advice on how to effectively train and take care of your dog as the monks wrote this book with their 30-year experience of raising German Shepard puppies. With this book, you’ll be able to teach your dog how to adjust to its new home as well as prepare you for all the stages of the dog’s life.
This book has all the advice you will need to train and raise a dog.
- The book is written by people who know their stuff
- It’s a useful book for those who are new dog owners
- The book’s advice takes you through all areas of the dog’s life
- You might still need to read other dog training books
Best for Kids: Puppy Training for Kids
You might be worried about buying a dog for your child, and the child not taking responsibility for this new dog. You shouldn’t be worried because that’s what this book is all about. With Puppy Training For Kids, your child will learn how to train, care for, and nurture their new puppy.
Your child reading this book will enable them to learn about clicker training, healthy exercise, and socialization. Puppy Training For Kids is 96 pages long and it is loaded with lots of pictures to provide visual aids to your kid and is suitable for middle school-aged children and below.
- Contains lots of pictures of training actions
- Makes your child take responsibility for their dog
- The basics here are easy to learn
- It is a children’s book
- Only talks about how to treat your dog
Best for Dog Tricks: 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities
If your dog is already housebroken, then you might want to teach them some tricks that will help to keep them mentally sharp and active. With this book, you’ll be able to teach your dog all sorts of tricks. The tricks you’ll find here are arranged by order of difficulty and are all color-coded. Before trying any trick in the book, you will also be provided with prerequisites that your dog should know.
You’ll find so many (about 101) tricks here to teach your dog, from fetch and stay to very advanced tricks. After reading this book, you’ll be able to teach your dogs all sorts of tricks in order to keep them stay alert, active and challenged so that they won’t turn their attention to other things.
- Provides you with 101 different tricks you can use
- Tricks ate easy to understand and teach
- It contains all you new for tricks
- Keeps your dog preoccupied
- Suitable for responsive dogs
- Some steps are missing in a few tricks
Honorable Mention: Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding & Correcting Common Dog Problems
Due to the success of his previous book, Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan has made Cesar Millan a popular dog trainer. “Cesar’s Way” talks about dog psychology and how behavioral issues develop in dogs and how you can change them.
In this book, Cesar explains the difference between punishing a dog and disciplining it, and how your dog’s pack instincts can be used to better your relationship with your dog. He also talks about the experiences he’s had with some of his clients.
- The author is a famous dog expert
- Talks a lot about a dog’s psychology
- It shows you how to correct behavioral issues with your dog.
- The book is more of an autobiography
Honorable Mention: How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days
For those of you having problems housebreaking your dogs, then How To Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days might just be the book you’re looking for. Shirlee Kalstone the author of this book is a pet expert and in this book, she shares advice on how to train seemingly untrainable dogs.
This book features all types of house training be it housebreaking training, paper training or even litter training. You will even find suggestions on potty schedules, and all sorts of advice on how to train a dog and teach discipline.
The process of housebreaking is a slow process and it will take time and patience to see results, but don’t worry because this is a book that will guide you through it all.
- Excellent advice on housebreaking
- The author is a pet expert
- Can cover all dogs
- Only talks about housebreaking
- This material is more of a pamphlet
- Housebreaking a dog takes about 7 days
Honorable Mention: Training the Best Dog Ever
Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz is also a popular dog trainer, who once trained Obama’s dog. In her book she talks about the techniques she uses, to train her dogs through positive reinforcement techniques instead of punishments and reprimands. Her program is a 5-week program that comprises ten to 20-minute sessions every day for both dogs and puppies.
Training The Best Dog Ever will show you how to correct and avoid behavioral issues as well as potty and crate training, hand feeding, and other basic training. This program will make your dog feel more comfortable around strangers and vets.
- Teaches how to use positive reinforcement
- Daily program
- Teaches how to properly train your dog and make it more comfortable.
- Some of the sessions might seem too tedious and might feel like overkill
Dog training is a very vital part of a dog’s life as it covers several behaviors the dog will exhibit in the future. It will also program your dog to learn not to go potty in your house, learn how to listen to their name, how to sit, and so much more. As you have just obtained your Labradoodle, you should take great care in training it.
No dog is housebroken from birth, so you need to take things into your own hands. Try and obtain knowledge about the goal, you want to obtain and these books and manuals will help you do just that. The knowledge in these books has helped thousands of people and you can be the next, they are highly rated on Amazon, which practically means they will give you good results for your money.
If any of these books can be of help to you, then it means most dog training books will help you and your dog understand each other better and also help you teach them how to behave. So what are you waiting for, read away!!!
OUR TOP 5 MOST POPULAR DOG PRODUCTS
Across the entire website here are the top 5 dog products that have been popular with our readers over the past month: