Are you looking out for a companion to complete your family in New England? Then look no further; the Cockapoo puppies in New England are the perfect addition. They make great family dogs and will be loyal companions to your children.
This breed dates back to the 1960s when it was first bred by only the designer dog breeders in the US. With the purpose of creating a loyal companion dog, the Cockapoo is a dog crossbred from a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle. Dog breeders most commonly crossed a Miniature Poodle.
More About The Breed
The crossbreed meant that hybrid vigour in the new breed would lose the health flaws from both pedigree parents. The result of mixing both genetic components of the parents is an adorable 12–19-pound dog with varied colours.
Your companion can be tiny: 6-pound Teacup Toys, 12-pound Toy Cockapoos, 13–18-pound Miniature Cockapoos or over 19 pounds Standard Cockapoos.
As with most breeds, varied combinations are there, and the coat can either be straight, curled, or wavy. You can never predict what your Cockapoo will look like, so you’re always going to have a very unique and striking dog.
Read ahead to find out the 4 Best Cockapoo Breeders in New England and what a lovely addition these dogs can be to your family.
Cockapoo Puppies in New England for sale
New England is a North-eastern region of the United States, comprising the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
With its diverse landscape and down-to-earth lifestyle, New England is a beautiful place to breed and make a home for a Cockapoo puppy. The region has a variety of trusted dog breeders available.
1. Erin’s New England Cockapoos
Erin’s New England Cockapoos specializes in healthy, home-raised, sweet-tempered Cockapoos. They are located in Massachusetts, 50 minutes North of Boston on the lovely coastal Cape Ann. They are a private home, and pups are available on a limited basis only as companion pets. All the dogs at Erin’s New England Cockapoos are tested for Von Willebrand’s disease, OFA, CERF, and PRA/Picard.
Since 1993, they have been offering unique pups with a process specialized and developed over time. As a small breeder, the pups’ weights are checked and gently handled daily. They are enclosed by soft light to protect their early-stage developing eyes along with their extended human and dog family in the well-suited environment.
Erin characterizes them as thoroughly socialized, confident, cuddly, and smart by the time approved families are ready for them.
As a private home, they do not have visiting hours or a larger number of puppies. Selective breeding is meant to anchor positive traits and superior health in their Cockapoos.
If you are interested in getting on the waiting list for a puppy, then an email is the first step. You will then go through a process of meetings, weekly visits, and families can even state three traits they are interested in like cuddly, social or confident.
Note: They do not place pups in homes with children younger than six years.
- Erin’s New England Cockapoos Details
- Contact: Cockapoopups@gmail.com
- Location: Rockport, Massachusetts
- Website: Erin’s New England Cockapoos
2. Coastal Cockapoos
Coastal Cockapoos is a small breeder located in Stonington, Connecticut. They specialize in beautiful and healthy 4th generation Cockapoos. Their Cockapoos are OFA certified to ensure they don’t have any defects in their knees and also DNA test their breeding dogs through Paw Print Genetics.
Coastal Cockapoos is committed to eradicating genetic diseases in the breed through careful and very selective breeding.
By the time you pick up your puppy at around eight weeks old, they are thoroughly socialised, vet checked and vaccinated. Their litters are also registered with the American Cockapoo Club.
The cost of one of their puppies is $3,500. All their puppies are given NuVet supplements, which greatly benefit their immunity system. They also repeatedly deworm their puppies. Coastal Puppies take the utmost care of their puppies which reflects in the price.
- Coastal Cockapoos Details
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Stonington, Connecticut
- Website: Coastal Cockapoos
3. Chesley Hill Cockapoos
Chesley Hill Cockapoos is a family-focused boutique breeder based in Rochester, New Hampshire. In 2013 they welcomed their first litter and began breeding Cockapoos.
Destiny Groen runs her home with the help of her four children and husband. She believes in instilling love and compassion for animals in her children’s hearts. CHC is a member of the American Kennel Club, American Cockapoo club and is OFA certified.
The wait for your puppy is approximately 9-11 months, and you’d be bringing home a thoroughly socialised puppy.
CHC’s pups are first-generation pups and weigh approximately 18-25 pounds. They come in various coat colours such as apricot, buff and cream and black and chocolate. Check out the glowing reviews on their website and the journey of their pups in new families.
- Chesley Hill Cockapoos Details
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Rochester, New Hampshire
- Website: Chesley Hill Cockapoos
4. Dutch Haven Dogs
Dutch Haven Dogs is a family-owned hobby breeder which produce first-generation Cockapoos. They began breeding Cocker Spaniels in the 1990s and then moved on to Cockapoos in 2000 when they heard about families having children with allergies. They decided to try a litter, and the family business continued.
The waiting period is around eight weeks, and their Cockapoos grow up to be 20-25 pounds. Their Cockapoos are thoroughly socialised with various creative outdoor activities.
- Dutch Haven Dogs Details
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 603-369-1964
- Location: 75, Chapman Drive, Rochester, New Hampshire
- Website: Dutch Haven Dogs
Why get a Cockapoo in New England?
The Cockapoo will make an exceptional companion for you and your family. Their loyalty, companionship and unique appearance are just a few of the factors that add to a Cockapoos charm.
- Adaptability: A Cockapoo is a very adaptable breed and can live in a smaller apartment, although they do better when they have a space to play in. They are also a great choice for first-time owners. Well-bred Cockapoos have a good temperament and rarely cause a fuss. They also have a tolerance for cold weather and low drooling tendencies.
- Affectionate: Cockapoos are companion dogs and are well perceptive to mood changes. They will happily sit on their owners’ lap to comfort them. They are highly intelligent and affectionate. They prefer to always be with their family and can suffer from separation anxiety when left alone for too long. They come with the outgoing personality of a Poodle.
- Attractive: Cockapoos are undoubtedly attractive to look at as they inherit genes from both the Cocker Spaniel and the Poodle. You will come across Cockapoos with a curly coat, and a loose wavy coat and a straighter coat with dense, silky or soft fur. They come in varied chocolate colours, dark apricot and light apricot, jet black and in shades of red.
- Healthy: The hybrid vigour that comes from crossing genetics can produce a healthier pup. It is important to choose a breeder that has cleared all health checks. This breed is also hypoallergenic, making it a great companion even for family members with allergies.
Proper nutrition, deworming, and vaccinations are effective measures to keep your pup in good health. They can be susceptible to the diseases their parents are such as dry eye, conjunctivitis and corneal ulceration.
- Trainable: Cockapoos can bark a lot, thus making them good watchdogs but not good guard dogs. A hybrid of two intelligent dogs, Cockapoos are sharp and very clever. They find it easy to pick up commands.
- Exercise: Cockapoos possess a moderate level of energy, but that does not mean they are ready to sit at home for the entirety of the day. They need at least 15 minutes of exercise every day in order to maintain a good weight, like a good walk or backyard session.
- Dietary Requirements: They need ¼ to ¾ cup of high-quality dry food in a day, divided into two meals. You should feed your dog based on its size, and since the Cockapoo comes in various sizes, you should change measurements accordingly.
- Long Life: Cockapoos live long and healthy lives of 13-15 years with proper care and health check-ups.
- Easy Grooming: Cockapoos shed considerably less compared to other dogs. They need limited grooming and need a trim from time to time to keep them neat and healthy.
- Built: A cockapoo is bred in 4 different sizes. The Teacup Toy is the cutest and smallest of them all and weighs less than 6 pounds. The Toy Cockapoo comes with a sturdier build and can weigh up to 12 pounds. The Miniature Cockapoo can weigh 13-18 pounds. The Standard or Maxi Cockapoo has the largest build and can weigh over 19 pounds.
It is always recommended that you contact a breeder if you want Cockapoo Puppies in New England instead of going to the pet store. Breeders have the care, expertise, experience and will provide you with guidance.
Cockapoos make excellent and loveable companions for you and your family. They are great for people with allergies. Now that you know the 4 Best Cockapoos Breeders in New England, it is time to bring home a stunning, affectionate, and intelligent furry friend.
OUR TOP 5 MOST POPULAR DOG PRODUCTS
Across the entire website here are the top 5 dog products that have been popular with our readers over the past month: