Are you puzzled about what product of pet shampoo to choose from? With thousands of pet products, finding that one good shampoo among all others is like searching for a needle in a haystack. But worry not, because Burt’s Bees Natural Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo is all you will ever need!
Everyone loves to cuddle with a man’s best friend. But it gets difficult when he has that wet furry smell on him or his fur is rough like strands of raw steel. Like human beings, your pet needs that special care; if you do not wash him properly, his glow will also reduce. The skin becomes dry, and his fur will become unhealthy.
Burt’s Bees Dog Shampoo Review
Burt’s Bees Natural Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo is for all stages of dogs. It is a powerful and gentle cleaning shampoo with completely natural ingredients. The product focuses on washing the hair of your furry friend. It helps repair and protect him from dry skin and dull coats. They are free of materials like paraben, do not have any added artificial scent, and will give your dog a clean and fresh smell.
What Should You Expect?
Of all the products, why Burt’s Bees? Simple, they are all-natural personal care international products. This means that they create their products with natural grooming products for your dog.
Burt’s Bees Natural Hypoallergenic shampoo for dogs uses shea butter and honey to provide moisture and deep shine. Shea butter helps in moisturizing the skin, and the honey makes your pet’s coat shine. The natural formula cleans your dog’s skin and coat with zero chemicals that will make them healthy and shiny. You do not need to get different shampoos for your dog and puppy; you can use Burt’s Bees dog shampoo for your dog, no matter whether he’s still young or old!
This shampoo does not contain any artificial fragrances; you will only get the smell of the natural ingredients. Burt’s Bees pet shampoo also does not have any parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, SLS, or synthetic fragrances.
Features of the Shampoo
Burt’s Bees hypoallergenic shampoo is a good contender among all other shampoos available in the market. They make their product with ingredients taken straight from nature. It revitalizes your dog’s skin, boosts the shine of his coat, and comes with a natural moisturizer. Here are some of its features:
- The shampoo is a cleanser for your dog. Giving your dog a bath with normal human shampoo is bad for him. Human shampoos have chemical ingredients that wash away excess oil and are also scented. And human beings have more oil than our dogs. But your pet, on the other hand, needs some oil on their skin as some contain vitamins and minerals. The products that you use will wash away the oil making its skin dry and unhealthy.
- Burt’s Bees dog shampoo has shea butter that moisturizes the skin and honey to increase the shine on your pet’s coat. Thus, protecting your dog’s skin and giving that radiant and healthy shine on their fur.
- Do take into account that Burt’s Bees dog shampoos aren’t for controlling or killing fleas and ticks. These shampoos are not composed of chemicals. Therefore, they cannot prevent your dog from an infestation of fleas or ticks. Burt’s Bees dog shampoos are great for regularly maintaining your dog’s skin and coat.
- Burt’s Bees’ natural hypoallergenic dog shampoo is for dogs of all life stages. So, go ahead and give your pup or dog a bath with the same shampoo without any hesitations.
- Burt’s Bees dog shampoo has deodorizing agents as apple and rosemary that naturally fight malodors.
Pros and Cons of Burt’s Bees Dog Shampoo
- The product has nature extracted ingredients like oatmeal, avocado, lavender, shea butter, and honey.
- It is free from animal cruelty and does not contain chemicals such as colorants, added scents, and sulfates.
- The pH balance makes it suitable for your dogs and puppies.
- Cleanses and gives nourishments for your dog’s skin and fur.
- It softens and soothes the dry and itchy skin of your pet.
- It contains Vitamin E and Omega 3’s for shed control.
- The shampoo does not lather well, so, you end up using a little more than that is actually.
- It does not protect your dog from flea and tick infestation.
Is Burt’s Bee’s Safe For Puppies?
Let’s face it, the skin and coat of dogs can be very sensitive to specific shampoos. And the food for your pet isn’t the only culprit for rashes, thinning coat, and itchiness.
So, is Burt’s Bees hypoallergenic shampoo safe for puppies? Burt’s Bees is perfectly safe for puppies. Just don’t shower them in it daily, and there shouldn’t be any issues.
Hypoallergenic shampoos are excellent for giving your pooch a safe bath. One product that I checked out recently is Burt’s Bees allergy-free dog shampoo. Online reviews are good. However, I’m still very skeptical about this product.
The Ph Test – Is Burt’s Bees Acidic?
Dog shampoos have a specific level of acidity. For example, shampoos for killing fleas are more acidic than those that are used for healing the skin or making the coat shiny.
So I tested Burts Bee’s acidity using ph paper. Remember that for this shampoo to be safe, it must have a neutral ph level – not too alkaline or too acidic.
I diluted Burt’s bees on a glass of water then dipped the paper. Upon doing this, the paper displayed a light brown color. This indicates that this shampoo has a ph level of 7, which means that it’s neutral.
To end this section, Burt’s Bees passed my acidity test. It won’t worsen rashes on the puppies’ skin or sting their eyes.
The Smell Test
Another matter that I want to investigate is this product’s smell. Some shampoos have fragrances that might irritate the nose of puppies. This makes it hard for the owner to give the puppies a good bath because the unbearable smell makes them squirm.
I gave this product a quick smell. There’s a faint sweet aroma from the natural ingredients – shea butter and honey. This smell doesn’t linger for long. But that’s fine by me. The quick disappearance of smell means that manufacturers didn’t add artificial fragrances and chemicals for making this product smell good.
The Bath Test
Last but not least is the bath test. I tried using this Burt’s bees for bathing my 4 month-old Labradoodle. This shampoo didn’t produce a lot of bubbles, so I have to put a lot in.
I’m not after the bubbles though. If this product produced a lot, that would have meant that Burt’s Bees has a lot of foaming ingredients. Foaming ingredients aren’t good because they might trigger allergic reactions.
Even without the bubbles, this product did well in making my pet’s coat shiny. That said, I have nothing bad to say about this product’s effects.
After testing, I affirmed that Burt’s Bees products highlights aren’t meaningless propaganda. True enough, this product doesn’t irritate the puppies’ skin, make their eyes and nose uncomfortable, and cause other signs of allergic reactions.
But remember, what I’m saying is that this shampoo is only good for puppies. I can’t say if it’s great for adult dogs because I haven’t used this product on them.
Burt’s Bees dog shampoos are all worth giving out a try on your pet. You may actually like it. Whatever types of condition your pet may have, be it skin or fur, Burt’s Bees is a safe shampoo as it has the best option best for them.
They not only provide a wide range of products, but Burt’s Bees is also eco- friendly and pet-friendly. Thus, it makes a great product option for your pet’s health and hygiene.
Burt’s Bees Natural Hypoallergenic Shampoo can be considered the complete shampoo, especially for all those sensitive puppies. They are gentle cleansers that contain ingredients that are completely natural such as honey and shea butter that will leave the moisturized skin of your pets and their coat shining bright. The product does not contain any parabens, phthalates, fragrances, and other chemicals that are harmful to their skin. Burt’s Bees dog shampoo provides a safe and suitable solution for every dog.
Directions For Use
- Shake the bottle before every use.
- Have your dog’s coat completely wet.
- Apply the shampoo from the back of the ears to tail, and avoid its eyes.
- Rinse your pet thoroughly.
- Store the shampoo in a cool and dry place.
In case the product enters the eyes, wash it off thoroughly. And always remember to keep it out of reach from both children and pets.
Some of My Favorite Products For Dog Owners
I hope this article has helped you just a bit in the everyday life as a dog owner. Being a dog owner for more than 25 years myself, I’ve tried an abundance of different products with varying success, but these products below are some that I can highly recommend to every dog and their owner without hesitation!
These links are affiliate links, so if you do end up using the links, I will earn a commission. But it’s products that I use on a daily basis myself, and have nothing but praise for.
Dog Food: Every dog needs to eat properly, and finding the best food for your dog can be hard, as the market is absolutely flooded with products. But since 2015 when the company was founded, I’ve been using Ollie Petfood. With their product being tailor-made to suit every dogs’ specific needs, and as my dogs absolutely love the product, I’m pretty sure I’ve found a product I will continue to use for many years more. If you use my link you can get 50% off your first order.
Dog Training: If you’ve ever owned a puppy, you know that they require a lot of training to grow into a well-behaved adult. Brain Training for Dogs has helped me immensely with the mental training part of raising a dog, and it’s something I strongly recommend you consider.
Grooming: If you have a dog in your home, you’re going to need a brush, and for this, I recommend a Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush. For that price, you simply can’t beat this brush for everyday grooming.
If you’re looking for the most up-to-date recommendations, check out my recommended products section that I’ve created to help every dog owner!