The Bordoodle is a hybrid between a Border Collie and a Poodle. The breed was first developed in England. Despite their warm personalities and fun demeanors, they may be obstinate and self-reliant. While they may become a little rowdy, they don’t require a lot of physical activity, making them excellent for families with little space in the house.
California doesn’t have many Bordoodle breeders in the state, and some of them are puppy mills. Most reputable Bordoodle breeders in California will assist you in owning the ideal puppy for your family’s needs. Many will also give useful materials to assist your new companion settle and adapting easily to your home.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, you should read our Doodle Puppy Checklist to ensure that you’ve correctly prepared your home for bringing home a precious little Doodle puppy!
The Best Bordoodle Breeders in California
For those who think the Bordoodle is the breed for them, we’ve put together a list of the best Bordoodle breeders in California to make your adoption process a breeze.
Puppyfinder.com is a platform that helps you find legit Bordoodle puppy breeders in California. The breeders on the platform are verified, and AKC registered. They help you find readily available quality Bordoodle puppies in California without queuing on a waitlist. The only issue is that you can’t guarantee how your puppy was raised.
However, before you select or adopt your Bordoodle puppy from this platform, ensure to make the necessary research about the breeder and their breeding process and if they offer health guarantees. Also, find out if the dogs are raised in home environments or kennels.
PuppyFinder provides an easy way to own a puppy companion in California without sweating. Their Bordoodle are usually friendly and are low to non-shedding. They cost between $2000 to 3500. Give them a try today.
PuppyFinder California details
- Price Range: $2000 – $3500
- Sizes: Mini, Medium, and Standard (F1, F1B)
- Location: 9341 Twin Lakes Rd. Cheboygan, MI 49721
- Website: puppyfinder.com
Coast Redwoodles is located in Fort Bragg, California. It’s a small home-based Bordoodle breeder specializing in breeding standard Bordoodle with good temperament and hypoallergenic qualities. Their goal is to raise home-friendly Bordoodles for their forever owners. They get them ready for pick up after 8 weeks.
The puppy culture curriculum aims to raise friendly and well-cultured Bordoodle puppies for lovable families like yours. The Bordoodle puppies in California receive Early neurological stimulation; they are all microchipped and receive up-to-date vaccinations before leaving for the home of their forever owners.
Their one-year health guarantee covers genetic disorders. The puppies travel to your home with a health certificate and certain gift materials like food, blanket with littermate scents.
Coast Redwoodles details
- Price Range: $2500 – $3500
- Sizes: Standard (F1B, F1BB)
- Location: Fort Bragg, CA
- Contact Info: +1 231-625-2418
- Social Media: Instagram Page
- Website: www.coastredwoodles.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern California Border Collier Rescue & Adoption
Northern California Border Collie Rescue & Adoption is a popular all-volunteer Border Collier breeder located in Corning area of California. They are known for breeding Border Colliers, but they also breed mixes like Bordoodles. Their goal is to save the lives of Border Colliers and help find worthy forever owners for the breed.
Their home-bred dogs are usually well socialized and are given the utmost care. With their network of veterinarians, all their dogs are properly vet-checked and receive the full dosage of vaccinations before leaving for their forever owners. All dogs are tested on heartworms and are microchipped.
You have their details below; contact the organization to know more about their Poodle mixes. They’d be more than willing also to take back your dog for rehoming as well.
- Price Range: $2500 – $3500
- Sizes: Mini, Medium, and Standard (F1, F1B)
- Location: 17644 Park Terrace Rd, Corning, CA 96021
- Contact Info: +1 530-324-2275
- Social Media: Facebook Page
- Website: norcalbcrescue.org
- Email: email@example.com
How to Choose a Good Bordoodle Breeder
- Ensure the doodle breeder is home-based. Doodle crosses perform better when raised around children in a home environment. With that, they become more friendly and pleasant and easily adapt to your home after adoption.
- A good breeder registers your dog and provides registration papers and health certifications alongside their puppy being sold to you.
- The breeder’s house should be well-maintained, with clean, odorless kennels and exercise places for the animals. Long-term cage confinement of dogs is not recommended. A good owner will let you explore all places where the puppies and their parents hang out.
- Good breeders offer waiting lists. So you should be able to book a spot upfront in their upcoming litters.
- The breeder should have extensive knowledge of the dogs they are a breeder. They should be able to offer support and answer all your questions regarding the breed.
- Offer Health guarantee: Every reputable breeder offers health guarantees for their dogs. With that, they can take responsibility for any genetic disorders that may arise in their dog breed. The health guarantee usually ranges from 1 to 10 years, depending on the breeder.
- Ensure the breeder practices responsible mating, considering genetic diseases and issues surrounding Bordoodle.
- Ensure the breeder takes puppy socialization seriously. Bordoodle performs better when socialized.
Popular Facts About Bordoodle
- Bordoodle is a designer dog breed coming from Border Collier and Poodle Parents.
- Their color could be white, gray, brown, black or a mix of black or white.
- Bordoodles come in various sizes ranging from 20 lbs to 70 lbs depending on the size of the poodle parent or the Border Collier.
- They are very smart and obedient dog breeds when trained properly.
- Bordoodles are great family dogs and are friendly to kids.
- Bordoodles are usually low to non-shedding. F1B generations are Hypoallergenic. Usually, after 6 weeks, a good breeder should tell if the dog is hypoallergenic or not.
- Bordoodles are usually healthy and strong. Before breeding, a good breeder will perform DNA tests and orthopedic testing on the parent dogs.
Finding a reputable breeder is very important if you want to stay satisfied with your Bordoodle companion. We recommend you do your research before choosing a breeder. This article should make your Bordoodle dream a breeze. With their intelligent and smart personalities, you’re sure to have your home lit with love and affection.
Some of My Favorite Products For Dog Owners
I hope this article has helped you just a bit in everyday life as a dog owner. Being a dog owner for more than 25 years, I’ve tried many different products with varying success, but these products below are some that I can highly recommend to every dog and their owner without hesitation!
These links are affiliate links, so if you do end up using the links, I will earn a commission. But it’s products that I use daily myself, and I have the utmost praise for.
Dog Food: Every dog needs to eat correctly, and finding the best food for your dog can be challenging, as the market is absolutely flooded with products. But since 2015 when the company was founded, I’ve been using Ollie Petfood. With their product being tailor-made to suit every dog’s specific needs, and as my dogs love the product, I’m pretty sure I’ve found a product I will continue to use for many years more. If you use my link you can get 50% off your first order.
Dog Training: If you’ve ever owned a puppy, you know that it requires a lot of training to grow into a well-behaved adult. Brain Training for Dogs has helped me immensely with the mental training part of raising a dog, and it’s something I strongly recommend you consider.
Grooming: If you have a dog in your home, you’re going to need a brush, and for this, I recommend a Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush. For that price, you simply can’t beat this brush for everyday grooming.
If you’re looking for the most up-to-date recommendations, check out my recommended products section that I’ve created to help every dog owner!