If you’re looking for the best Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts, this article is for you. We’ve comprised a list of some of the best places where you can adopt your puppy.
All of the following breeders offer transparency, honesty, and excellent communication to their customers. Therefore, you can be sure that you’ll get to know all of what happens behind the scenes before and after your puppy is born.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, you should read our Bernedoodle Puppy Checklist to ensure that you’ve properly prepared your home for bringing home a beautiful Bernedoodle puppy!
Bernedoodle Breeders in Massachusetts (MA)
It can be challenging to find good Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts and in most states, really. However, the following programs are characterized by their excellent service and satisfied customers.
Massachusetts Bernedoodles, LLC
Massachusetts Bernedoodles LLC is one of the most renowned Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts. This breeder is highly popular in this area because of their live 24/7 puppy cams. All of their MBD customers can watch their puppies since they were born until they’re ready to go home, after 8 weeks. This is the only Bernedoodle breeding program within the USA that offers such a thing.
This breeder doesn’t think that dogs should be kept in kennels for the sole purpose of breeding. Thus, they consider their breeding style to resemble a doggie daycare.
You can see pretty much every step of the process once you’ve come to one of their customers (reserving a puppy). If you want to reserve a puppy at MBD, you’re required to submit a $500 deposit (non-refundable).
The prices at Massachusetts Bernedoodles LLC vary based on the type of Bernedoodle you’re interested in. This way, the standard pricing for Bernedoodles starts at $5,000.
You will find tons of information about their practices and previous customers on their website. MBD is highly transparent, honest, and ethical. They’re one of the best Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts and the country overall.
- Phone Number: (978) 956-4838
- Email: Puppyinquiries@MABernedoodles.com
- Website: https://massdoodles.com/
Doodle Litters is located in Taunton, Massachusetts. This breeder has been around for over thirteen years, as the business was first established in 2007. Doodle Litters also has a background in Golden Retriever and Labrador breeding.
Despite being a large breeding program, Doodle Litters make sure that each adult dog and puppy receives the attention they need to be happy and healthy. Thus, your puppies will be 100% ready to be part of your family upon picking them up!
This breeder specializes in F1 and F1b Bernedoodles, each of which has a rice of $4,500 and $4,600, respectively. Most pups vary in size, but they do not offer minis.
All puppies start training at a very young age. Doodle Litters claims to offer “well-mannered puppies,” and although they will receive initial training before they go home, you can also choose to sign them up for one of their training pages. If you’d like your puppy to be easygoing and more mature, the training packages are always available. Please note that training is obligatory if you’re a first-time dog owner.
If you choose to adopt your puppy from Doodle Litters, it will come with all of its due vaccines and deworming. Furthermore, this breeder encourages crate training and will continue to do so until the puppy is ready to go home. These puppies are well-trained and will NEVER jump on people, bite, or any other common “dog issues.”
- Phone number: Not given at first. This breeder prefers the first contact to be via email.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://doodlelitters.com/
Information about Bernedoodles
Many families look forward to adopting a Bernedoodle. After finding good Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts, it is quite common to have second thoughts about the adoption process. However, here we have some information you can consider if you want to see if a Bernedoodle is the right match for you and your family.
The best way to understand what the best Bernedoodle for your family is is to take a look at the generations.
There isn’t a single classification for Bernedoodles. They all come in different sizes, colors, and coat types. Some of them are more hypoallergenic than others. This is determined by the generation: F1, F1b, F2, etc.
- F1 refers to the cross between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle. They’re usually around 61 and 100 pounds.
- F1b refers to the cross between an F1 Bernedoodle and a purebred dog of any of the original breeds. These dogs are usually one of the most hypoallergenic, as the Poodle attributes are more present.
- F1bb is the result of the combination between an F1b Bernedoodle and another original purebred within the line. Most breeders choose to combine them with 100% poodles, resulting in the most hypoallergenic combination of Bernedoodles.
- F2 Bernedoodles are born when both parents are F1 Bernedoodles. This classification is quite unpredictable, which is why most breeders avoid it. They typically shed fur.
- F2b Bernedoodles are the result of the combination of an F1 Bernedoodle and an F1b Bernedodle. Sometimes, breeders choose to breed two F1b Bernedoodles, which can give similar results. This breed is often referred to as “multigenerational.” They’re likely to be non-shedding and hypoallergenic, but that’s not always the case.
- F2bb Bernedoodles are born from an F2b Bernedoodle and a purebred Poodle. Again, due to the prominence of the Poodle genes, these dogs are more than likely to be hypoallergenic and non-shedding.
- F3 or multigenerational Bernedoodles are usually born from F1b parents or F2 parents. F3 Bernedoodles are generally hypoallergenic and non-shedding.
Bernedoodles can be excellent companions for all kinds of families. These dogs have goofy, loving personalities that make them appropriate for both kids and adults. Some people recommend looking after the coat color instead of the generation, but if you live with someone that has pet allergies, taking into account the generation is an important factor.
As of now, there are only two Bernedoodle breeders in Massachusetts. Both of them are characterized for offering high-quality dogs with excellent training. Thus, if you want to add a new member to your family as soon as possible, these breeders are the best options you can consider.
Some of My Favorite Products For Dog Owners
I hope this article has helped you just a bit in the everyday life as a dog owner. Being a dog owner for more than 25 years myself, I’ve tried an abundance of different products with varying success, but these products below are some that I can highly recommend to every dog and their owner without hesitation!
These links are affiliate links, so if you do end up using the links, I will earn a commission. But it’s products that I use on a daily basis myself, and have nothing but praise for.
Dog Food: Every dog needs to eat properly, and finding the best food for your dog can be hard, as the market is absolutely flooded with products. But since 2015 when the company was founded, I’ve been using Ollie Petfood. With their product being tailor-made to suit every dogs’ specific needs, and as my dogs absolutely love the product, I’m pretty sure I’ve found a product I will continue to use for many years more. If you use my link you can get 50% off your first order.
Dog Training: If you’ve ever owned a puppy, you know that they require a lot of training to grow into a well-behaved adult. Brain Training for Dogs has helped me immensely with the mental training part of raising a dog, and it’s something I strongly recommend you consider.
Grooming: If you have a dog in your home, you’re going to need a brush, and for this, I recommend a Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush. For that price, you simply can’t beat this brush for everyday grooming.
If you’re looking for the most up-to-date recommendations, check out my recommended products section that I’ve created to help every dog owner!