For some, being a dog owner is a tough responsibility. You will be responsible for the food or drink that you will give to them. The responsibility of knowing their health condition is also an important task. As a dog owner, you are expected not just to feed the dog, to train them, to live with them.
Almond milk is said to be nutritious and beneficial both for humans. But can dogs drink almond milk, too? Almond milk is made from processed almonds and is safe in all pets if taken in moderation.
What are the best foods to give to your dog? That’s the particular question from a dog owner. Not all human foods can be safe for dogs, so as a dog owner, you should be cautious enough to know the right foods and drink to feed your dogs.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- This can be a good source of protein.
- This can be a good source of fiber, protein, vitamin E, fat, magnesium, and manganese.
- It also contains an amount of copper, phosphorus, and vitamin B2.
- This can help secure a fight against stress, which is considered to be oxidative.
- This contains various nutrients which are really important for dogs
- Almond tea is considered as a healthy antioxidant
- It can be the best source of vitamin E, which has a lot of health benefits.
- The content nutrients can help fight diseases
- This is also a good antioxidant
- Low in sugar
- This is a good source of calcium
- It is said to be naturally-lactose free
- It has a moderate amount of potassium
- Low in calories and fat
- There are also unsweetened almond kinds of milk that are low in sugar. Thus, it can be really good for your dog
- A cup of almond milk can give your dog about 20-50% of vitamin E that is good for their body
- Helps fight bone and eye problems
- Can be very beneficial to brain health
You are now knowledgeable about the benefits of giving almond milk to your dogs. The next thing to know if the right dosage or amount of almond milk that you can give to your dog in a day.
The best thing to do is ask the veterinarian nearest you about it. By doing so, you can give a proper amount of almond milk. Thus, your pet can avoid any side effects. You can give your dog a cup of almond milk for breakfast and another cup at night.
- READ MORE: CAN DOGS EAT CARROT CAKE
Now that you know that almond milk can be safe for your dog, you can try to look for it in the market. What is good about this is that these days it can be found easily because it is available almost everywhere. However, if your dogs have allergies, you may ask your vet first about giving almond to them.
Almond is sweetened; thus, this may cause tooth decay as well as obesity.
Dogs are really curious about the taste of any food they see, so as much as possible, just provide the right amount only. Even if they still seem interested to have a sip of almond milk, even if they seem excited about taking another sip, never give them a larger amount of almond milk. Again, you can seek a piece of advice from an expert vet near you.
How to Properly Feed Your Dog
You have lots of options when it comes to dog feeding. How will you know if you are giving him the right food? Below are additional tips on how to properly feed your dog.
- Observe the behavior of your dog. If they seem uninterested with whatever food you offer to them, ask yourself why? Then immediately ask your vet the possible cause of it.
- Be aware of the health problems of your dog. If they are suffering from constipation, then it must be a sign that you are not giving them the right food. Or maybe, the food that you are giving them is not good for their digestive system. Let’s say, you fed them with almond milk and the dog suffered from a bowel movement, then it must be the amount of almond milk that you gave.
- If your dog seems to scratch or suffering from itching, which you think is not normal anymore, then it implies a bad reaction of the body from the food intake. It might be the ingredients of the food that you feed them.
- Gaining weight doesn’t mean that your dog is healthy. Losing weight also doesn’t show that they are healthy too. It shows that maybe they are not getting the correct amount of carbs and other proper nutrients. So, it’s your job as a pet owner to observe the changes in our dogs’ bodies.
- Ear issues also show that there may be something wrong about the food that you give to your dog. Better to ask the vet about it. That way, if they need serious medical attention, you can easily address it.
- Does your dog usually seem sick after eating a meal? Or does the dog vomit? If they seem uncomfortable, it only means that the food may be bothering him. Again, the best resolution is to consult an expert vet.
- Once you see your dog become sluggish, then there must be something wrong. If the energy level of your does not fit with its age, the reason can be the food. Ensure a well-balanced diet for your dog to have a healthy living.
- Because foods affect everything, the dog might act unusual if you switched food. Be sure also that you give them enough food so that they will not learn to steal food whenever they felt they need to.
- If your dog loses appetite, there must be a problem. You should be observant of the change in their behavior.
The tips above can help you to become a better and responsible dog owner. Being a dog owner does not only mean that you feed them three times a day. There are several tasks aside from it. It is not just about providing the dog with a clean environment.
As a dog owner, you should be observant and knowledgeable enough about the proper way of raising a dog. If you can research, then you may do so, because this can help you learn more things about raising the particular breed of dog that you have.
Since dogs are considered as a mans’ best friend, then you, as a dog owner, should the responsibility of knowing the health issues that your dog has. You should immediately seek medical attention for your dog if they seem to act unusually. That only means that as a dog owner, you should know your pet better.
Now let’s go back to the question, can dogs drink almond milk? Again, the answer is yes. But be sure that you give them the proper amount only to avoid side effects. Although almond milk is beneficial to your dog, it still doesn’t mean that you can let them have a cup anytime they want.
The various nutrition can be good at the same time. This can have side effects once it is not properly given. Be sure to follow the instructions of a veterinarian because they know better than you. It is their field of study, that’s why feel free to seek their help and assistance.
Almond milk has lots of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that are all good for your dogs’ health so, be sure to add this in your dog’s everyday meal. Your dog can be benefited from all those mentioned above if you just let them have a sip once a day or even twice. But again, for better results, you can seek advice from a vet nearest you.
You can easily notice if your dog seems excited to eat the meal that you have for them. They might move their tail or even bark. You can say that your dog is in good condition once they act like it, then that’s a great job for you as a dog owner. Meaning, you are practicing the instructions given by the vet.
The health of your dog can be reflected in their behavior. Any changes in their behavior have reasons. It either with their health or with the food that you give them. If you give the right food to them, right a balanced diet, you can be assured that you will have a healthy pet dog.
Can Dogs Drink Almond Milk
A lively, playful, responsive, and well- trained dog depends on the knowledge of the owner. Be sure that if you decided to be a dog owner, you must be knowledgeable enough to know what is good or bad for your pets.
Dogs can be loyal to you. So, you must do your part to become a responsible dog owner as well. Give them the right food, provide better shelter, and treat them well. They can be a great help for you too. Rest assured that if you follow all the tips given above, then you can have a better bonding with your dog.
You can avoid having health issues with your dog once you follow all the tips above.
OUR TOP 5 MOST POPULAR DOG PRODUCTS
Across the entire website here are the top 5 dog products that have been popular with our readers over the past month: