Providing your pup with lots of toy options will help keep him (or her) mentally stimulated while you’re gone, preventing any chewing on furniture or other things around the house.
Some toys are also a great help with dental health and can be a great stress reliever. Your pup will just be much more relaxed if he has plenty to chew on.
A lot of dogs are also extremely intelligent dogs, which is why finding the right toys to challenge their brains is highly adviced.
For Physical Stimulation
- Chuckit! Ultra Ball – Get a bunch of these and you are set for a very long time. They are very durable, and all dogs love ball games.
- West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Disc – Most flying discs are made of pretty poor material and will break quite fast, but this model from Zogoflex seems to be getting rave reviews, especially due to their durability.
For Mental Stimulation
- Outward Hound – This is a fantastic puzzle toy, that is guaranteed to keep your pup entertained for hours!
- West Paw Zogoflex Qwizl – Fill this bad boy up with some of your pups’ favorite treats, and it will give your furry friend something to work with for quite a while!
- KONG Extreme Goodie Bone – KONG makes some of the best items for dogs, and the Extreme Goodie Bone is no different. Extremely durable, and you can even fill it with a few treats so your dog gets some mental exercise also.
- KONG Classic Dog Toy – Another KONG toy. This toy also helps clean your dogs’ teeth. Fill it with some treats and watch your dog play around with this for a long time.