Depending on what generation of Labradoodle you have it can be either very low maintenance or high maintenance. Labradoodles are also prone to some issues, like dry skin for example, that makes keeping up with hygiene an import part of owning one of these fantastic dogs.
I can’t tell you how much time and money I’ve spent on making sure my Labradoodle is happy, healthy, and well kept. Through that time and money, I believe I’ve narrowed the confusing world of pet grooming products down to those few must-haves for Labradoodle owners.
- FURminator Brush – Brushing your Labradoodle 10 minutes a day is a great way to minimize the risk of any matting. The FURminator is a brilliant brush for a Labradoodle, and it also features a handy quick-relase button to remove the attached hair with just a single push.
- Buddy Wash – The Buddy Wash shampoo is the most recommended shampoo by Labradoodle owners. It’s also a natural product that you can use again and again without any harm to your Labradoodles skin.
Best Ear Cleaner
- ZYMOX Ear Treatment – Due to a Labradoodles long hair near the ears, an ear cleaner is often recommended. The ZYMOX Pet King is the number one product recommended by veterinarians for Labradoodles.
Best Hair Trimmer
- Oneisall Hair Trimmer – You can save a lot of money by grooming your Labradoodle yourself, and this Oneisall kit has everything you need for it. Scissors for the areas around the face and ears. And it is also very low noise so it doesn’t scare your Labradoodle more than necessary.
Best Nail Tools
- Dremel 7300-PT – This is the perfect Dremel tool for grinding your Labradoodles nails. Two speeds from 6,500 to 13,000 rpm and battery powered. And different sanding drums are included.
- BOSHEL Nail Clipper – Some Labradoodles might not like a nail grinder, so a regular old clipper is the weapon of choice in that situation. And I’m currently using the Boshel nail clipper. A nice feature is the safety guard which prevents over-cutting your Labradoodles nails.
- Styptic Powder – Sometimes a small accident is impossible when trimming the nails, and then this powder will stop the bleeding quickly.
Previously I’ve written an extensive guide on grooming a Labradoodle, and if you want to challenge yourself, and save a lot of money in the long run, that guide can be found here.